Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I met 2 of the coolest kids this week!

Is it still okay to say "coolest" or am I showing how old I am?

I did manage to make it over 30 years without seeing a single hockey game, but last year we took our kids to see Huntsville Havoc. I loved it. You can imagine how excited I was to get to photograph this young man who loves the sport. Seeing him skate on his driveway, doing things that I could never do, was amazing. I hope that he will go as far as I think he will.




Despite what it shows here, I did get some of him looking at the camera. I loved these though. This last one though, well, it really spoke to me. I love the profile shots of kids.

He has a little sister that he obviously adores. After meeting her I quickly understood why, she is so cute. Her personality just shines through even on a cloudy (but warm) day. She had just watched one of my favorite movies of all time, Annie. One time and she was singing Tomorrow for us. This little one sang, swung in her swing, rode her tricycle, had a pillow fight, cooked, dressed up like Cinderella, and fed her baby dolls while I was there. Was that a playdate or a photosession? I don't know, but I had a wonderful time with her.



I do believe that lollipop was larger than her face! I wonder if she ever finished it all?

No comments: