Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Where has the summer gone?!

I can not believe it is August already, and time to start back to school. This month is going to be busy for me as I travel back and forth to Tennessee to help my family with my grandmother. She's just had a 2nd major stroke in less than 6 months, and the doctors do not have a great prognosis for her. I'm hoping to get some good portraits of her this month to have for years to come.

I am currently scheduling clients for the last half of September. It's time to be thinking about Christmas sessions. See what I mean when I say "Where has the summer gone?" One style of card I have in mind is doing a Nativity scene with a quote from the New Testament. I have an example in my Limited Moments gallery. I also have a new brown backdrop that I am hoping to use for this session instead of the black this year.

I will, of course, offer the burgandy ornaments and the Santa hats.

I am tossing around ideas about how to set up these sessions. One idea I have had is to do a Home Portrait Party style, think portraits but like those "in home parties" and only for Christmas card photos!

During down time at my parent's home, I will hopefully have time to work on my website and get it all fully up. Please keep an eye on it!

Okay, I can't leave without a photo. Here is a young lady I had the pleasure of meeting in Hampton Cove during a very hot evening in July. She is just a lovely young woman.

No comments: