Friday, June 08, 2007

Are you as thankful for the rain as I am?

I was sitting at the computer this afternoon, working on getting my son's baseball team's action photos converted to jpegs to put on a disc for everyone, when the weather alarm went off warning us of a severe thunderstorm. I opened the windows and the most glorious sight met my eyes: big, heavy, grey clouds. The wind was blowing the leaves on the trees, and the swings in the backyard were swaying the stiff breeze. I knew, if I went outside I could smell the rain coming. That unique scent of rain coming is one I absolutely adore. So, I opened up the blinds, and while I returned emails and watched the photos batch convert to jpegs, I watched the storm roll in. The rain coming down was a welcome sight, and I could almost see the ground, grass, flowers, and trees sighing in relief for the rain.

Rain. Glorious rain.

Now, lets all hope it does not rain out the ballgames tonight!

No comments: