Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

I know I did, even if I slept in a tent the entire weekend! We went to the Smokey Mountains to camp, visit Dollywood, shop, and make memories. We did it all, made many many memories, and can you believe I took only a handful of pictures?! I kept meaning to take more, like one of our campsite, but I kept having too much fun playing with my kids.

It's only now, back at home, that I think of what I have not captured for our memories. Things like Samuel playing in the creek, JM playing basketball, putting up our tent, my youngest nephew swinging, my oldest nephew squirting my brother with a water gun. I did not get any photos of us at Dollywood either, no photos of us soaking wet after riding the water rides. None of Grandpa sitting with the little boys.

I do however have many memories in my mind. Memories such as Mitchell and Samuel talking on their Cheeto phone in some little kid silly language, then saying "Bye!" and eating it. LOL It really is one of the things you had to be there for I guess.

On Monday, as we were driving home and I saw the flags out on the interstate, I was reminded of how lucky we are to live somewhere where we have the freedoms to go camping, visit amusement parks, and enjoy each other. We have the freedoms to go tent camping, to laugh and play with our kids, and to take days off from work.

No comments: