Wednesday, June 04, 2008

From my blog reading

As we've been going through speech therapy evaluations (among other medical appointments), I was sent to this blog by a friend. I found it very interesting to actually hear what a "mild" hearing loss sounds like and what it can do. See, I have been putting off having Katie's hearing tested because she was learning English so well. But she's stalled, and a friend mentioned that perhaps she has fluid in her ears and it's causing some hearing issues.

I thought to myself, "well it will clear up and I can wait until I see the pediatrician, and her ears are not infected so what's the big deal?"

THIS is a big deal!

This author has links to sound files that show what my friend was talking about. I found it so important that I wanted to share with everyone!

2 comments:

CC said...

Thanks for the link. Your daughter's picture below is gorgeous! :)

Lisa said...

Thanks - came across your blog (it is great!). My little boy passed his hearing test fine when he was having issues. I think this will actually be more useful with my Mother!