Thursday, February 08, 2007

Are you ready for spring?

I know that I am. I'm ready for warm weather for bicycle riding, flying kites, playing baseball, and flowers. What I am not ready for is how busy my family will be this spring with baseball, karate, swimming lessons, and ending the school year. Like you, I will need to find a time to get those spring portraits of the boys. Last year I took some of them at the Botanical Gardens, and while I still love doing photos there I think this year I am going to try and find a new location for my own kids.

I am looking forward to taking action photos again of those little baseball players, especially because I have a new lens that will make it much more fun for me. I understand not everyone gets all excited for different lenses, but trust me, I am excited to have a new lens to play with. It's quite pretty to me, but it's main appeal is that it is a faster lens so hopefully I can get even better images of your kids playing that great American sport of baseball.

I have also purchased some software that I think will greatly help us all out with the action photos - viewing, ordering, distribution. I truly appreciate all of the hard work that the team moms have put into helping me with action photos. I hope all of you will like the new software as much as I do.

On that note, if you are interested in having me do action photos of your child/team, I will typically be booked for those early season Saturdays right after the schedules come out. One team last year had me do their team photos before a game they had scheduled with me to do action photos. That really worked out well for all involved.

In other spring related news, I am currently booked for February (but can work something out for a newborn) and am starting to book for other months (May is getting filled quickly). For weddings, May is currently booked.

No comments: