Thursday, March 22, 2007

How many of you are seeing this sight?


Yes, it's spring, and the weeds are here. I've pulled these up. I've cut them. I think it's almost time to call the lawn care people so my neighbors do not rise up in protest about my weed filled yard.

What was really cute is that my oldest found a dandelion that was ready for blowing (yes he blew those seeds all over my yard). Samuel, who is 4, thought that was the greatest trick EVER! So, he diligently looked for a flower to blow. He pulled up the little white flower things that grow in the middle of clover (or at least they are in my yard). He blew and he blew and he blew, but it would not fly off and float seeds upon the air like JM's did. His little heart was broken, and I had to console him as we could not find anymore of those dandelions ready for puffing and blowing.

I love seeing the magic of even weeds through a child's eyes. Children have such a gift for finding pleasure in the simplest things, and I'm ever so thankful I get to see this everyday.

No comments: