Friday, October 19, 2007

Adoption update

So many of you have asked for updates on our adoption, and I really appreciate how excited you all are for me! The emails, the phone calls, and constant remembering when I see you just amazes me.

We are still waiting. It seems like forever, but it has only been 112 days since we sent in our paperwork asking to be Katie's parents. We have been skipped over, but since there is not much we can do about it, we are just waiting. We have checked into things, and nothing appears to be wrong. It's really just a matter of processing paperwork. Lots and lots of red tape!

We had hoped to be traveling next week or the week after. At this point, obviously, we will not be. This also means that we will not have her home by Thanksgiving, which is sad. We are hoping that we will our approval next week, but with our track record of late I am just not sure it will happen. If we were to get it next week, we would then have a chance to travel November 15th. If we get it by Halloween Day, travel could be November 22nd (yes Thanksgiving Day!). If we were to get it by Election day, then travel could be November 29th. Middle of November puts us traveling the first week of December. It just gets more depressing after that!

Many of you have asked how long we will be in China. We will be there for roughly 15 days. I will have limited access to email, but remember China time is 13 hours ahead of us. I am not planning on addressing work issues, but if I see something that needs to be answered I will! :) I doubt I could help myself.

Once we are closer to travel, I will be sending out a link to our family blog. The one we will update as we travel, and show off our beautiful daughter.

No comments: