Sunday, October 28, 2007

Just breathtaking

I had a session this past weekend, and it's gorgeous outdoors this time of year. The trees are starting to turn, and everywhere I looked on the drive to the client's home was a reminder of how much I need to really look at our surroundings more.

I've had a busy couple of months, and with the changing weather I'm looking toward the rest of the calendar year. I'm seeing how busy my own life is going to be, and I think that I really should slow down and appreciate this season. The radio was off, the sun was going down, and I was really having to pay attention to roads and my surroundings. I was forced to see, to actually see the landscape. See the cows, the goats, the fields that have been harvested, and I realized just how much I have become a city girl. My soul needs nature.

I think I'm going to take my kids this week, and we're going to go on a walk (or a hike if I feel industrious). We need to be in nature more. We need to be out in the fresh air.

I am so very thankful for the session this past weekend, the session that made me realize that I had not stopped to appreciate the breathtaking surroundings we have here this time of year.

No comments: